Monday, November 06, 2006

The felonious hag

As I have expressed elsewhere on this blog, I have a delightfully debilitating weakness for tall blondes. One might think that, political differences aside, I would find Ann Coulter attractive. Well, I don't. I won't go into details as to why I don't find her physical appearance appealing, but I will say that even if I did find her appearance appealing, there is no way I would be attracted to her because I think she is an exceptionally wretched person. And that's the nicest thing I can say about her. Not only does she think that Joe McCarthy was one the greatest Americans ever, she makes McCarthy seem like Mr. Rogers. She makes Leona Helmsley seem like Mother Theresa.

Coulter is now in trouble with the law, and I first heard about this by watching "Countdown" last Wednesday. Keith Olbermann always calls her "Coultergiest," but I heard that term long before Olbermann started using it. In fact, I first saw that term about three years ago on the old Clark Community Network site. I'm not sure, but I think the term was first coined by one of the contributors there. By the way, that is also where I first saw Rumsfeld referred to as "Rumskull." Others there took to calling him "Rumsferatu." But I digress.

As reported by Olbermann and the AP, there is evidence that Coultergiest voted in the wrong precinct in a local government election. What's wrong with that? Well, "Knowingly voting in the wrong precinct is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison." Ann Coulter--felon. That has a nice ring to it. Turns out that Coultergiest did not list her own address on her voter registration form but used the address of her realtor. Moreover, as the AP report shows, Coultergiest has done nothing to cooperate in this matter:
Elections Supervisor Arthur Anderson said his office has been looking into the matter for nearly nine months, and he would turn over the case to the state attorney’s office by Friday.
*******
Anderson’s office received a complaint in February that Coulter voted in the wrong precinct during a Feb. 7 Palm Beach town council election.

Anderson said a letter was sent to Coulter on March 27 requesting that she clarify her address for the voting records “or face the possibility of her voter registration being rescinded.”

Three more letters were sent to Coulter and her attorney, but she has yet to respond with the information requested, Anderson said.
Gosh, knowingly falsifying an official document, then further violating the law, and then refusing to cooperate with with an official investigation almost seems Godless and smacks of Treason, don't you think?

4 Comments:

Blogger WCharles said...

I'm sure she will be oh so upset that a slanderous, freedom-hating heathen like me doesn't like her. Obviously I am morally and mentally deficient.

11/06/2006 1:29 PM  
Blogger WCharles said...

Base trombone...good one!

I suppose it is possible that your voting machine scenario could turn out to be what happened. However, if it that is what happened, why didn't she simply explain that to the authorities back in March? Why not explain that in response to the other three letters? I realize that most electronic voting machines do not provide a paper trail, but surely there must be some sort of paper record somewhere. For instance, we have electronic voting machines here in Wichita County, but you still have sign in and an election worker checks your address and makes a notation that you have voted. Also, when did your company ship machines to Florida? Was it before the February election?

On a different note, I saw an article a few days ago about electronic voting machines and potential problems, and the only company that would talk to the reporter was yours. That speaks well for your company.

11/06/2006 3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't trying to defend Coulter, just saying what she did is one of the selling points of electronic voting. I don't think anyone uses that feature yet. FL actually bought all new equipment back in 2000/2001 after their big voting debacle between Bush and Gore. States that have requested a paper trail have been provided equipment to do it. The technology was developed about 2 years ago, but not all suppliers have it available yet.

11/06/2006 5:19 PM  
Blogger WCharles said...

I didn't think you were defending Coulter but merely helping to keep my righteous indignation in check, and I do occasionally need that.

11/06/2006 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home