Monday, October 10, 2005

What a sports weekend!

Friday was sad because of the end of the Red Sox reign, but Saturday and Sunday were pretty darn good.

On Saturday in college football SMU was on the road against UAB. With 22 seconds left in the game, the Mustangs trailed 27-22 and had the ball on their own 20 yardline with no timeouts. With one second to go, they had the ball on UAB's 31. QB Jerad Romo found WR Bobby Chase in the left corner of the end zone to win the game.

Also on Saturday, the Wichita Falls Wildcats (Junior A hockey) defeated the Santa Fe Roadrunners 4-2 to take two out of three games over the weekend. The Wildcats are currently in first place in the very tough South division of the North American Hockey League.

On Sunday the Cowboys completely dominated the Eagles 33-10, AND t.o. did not score.

In baseball, THE ASTROS WON! (see previous post) The game between the Yankees and Angels was very good, too. I hate the Yankees, but I have to give them props for winning last night. They came from two runs down to take the lead and then shut down the Angels. The game ending with Mariano Rivera pitching to Vladimir Guerrero was playoff baseball at its best.

And lastly, I have a 31-14 lead in my fantasy football game going into tonight (my opponent has Hines Ward playing tonight). I have to stay focused on the really important matters. :-)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the NY Giants didn't lose. Oh wait... they didn't play. Oh well, they are still above the Cowboys in the standings.

10/10/2005 3:00 PM  
Blogger WCharles said...

After what the 'Boys did to the Iggles yesterday, I wouldn't care if Dallas was in last place.

Should be a great game tonight between the Yankees and the Angels. If Mussina repeats his Game 1 performance, I like NY's chances. Actually, I don't like that, but I think they will win. ;-)

10/10/2005 3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not holding my breath. Since the Yanks have been quite inconsistent and the Angels have the edge during regular season and they are playing in CA, the Yanks will have to play near perfect ball to pull it off.

10/10/2005 4:03 PM  
Blogger WCharles said...

Sorry about the loss. Once Giambi got a hit in the 9th and then Sheffield got a hit with Matsui coming up, I thought there was a chance for at least extra innings. Erstad made a great play on Matsui's grounder, however.

10/11/2005 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really more surprised the Yanks got as far as they did. Based on the first half of the season and their inconsistency the second half, they really didn't deserve to go to the World Series. Chicago's turn this year.

10/11/2005 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home