Saturday, August 21, 2004

Where this blog is going in regard to Iraq

I thought I would tell the oh so many readers of this blog what to expect in terms of posts on Iraq. In case you haven't noticed, I'm not too keen on the whole friggin' fiasco. This war was not only unnecessary, it was a damn bad idea. Even so, if Bush and his gang had done things right once the war got started, I might not have much to write about. However, the sad truth is that the Bush administration has screwed up just about everything. Seriously--pick any issue, and the facts, not any bullshit spin, will show that BushCo has done one boneheaded (and that's the nicest phrase I can use) thing after another. That's what I want to show. I'll never get to everything, and I might not do as good a job as many others in the blogosphere, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Many bloggers have covered many of these topics in great detail already, and some of these topics are old news. So why I am bothering? I want to make sure that the conduct of the Bush administration is not forgotten. I want people to have this information NOW as the election draws near.

For now I am going to stick with the planning for the post-war period. Actually, "post-war" is a misnomer, for the war is still ongoing. It is more accurate to call this period "occupation and reconstruction" and/or "post-end-of-major-combat-operations period." Part of what I will show is that practically every problem that has been encountered in this period was predicted or known ahead of the war. I will initially broach this topic by focusing on some truly astounding testimony before the war from Paul Wolfowitz.

Actually, the term "end of major combat operations" prompts me to address another subject which shows just how clueless the Bush administration is: the "Mission Accomplished" banner on display when Bush announced the end of major combat operations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home