Saturday, February 02, 2008

A football Hall of Fame comment

I just found out Art Monk has been elected to the Hall of Fame.

It's about damn time.

Even though as a Cowboys fan (except for the t.o. era, as I have detailed before), I am predisposed to hate the Washington Redskins, I think Art Monk was without a doubt one of the greatest receivers of all time, and he should have been in the Hall of Fame long before now.

Congratulations, Art Monk on a honor very well deserved!

Another Redskins player, Darrell Green, also was elected to the Hall of Fame. Green was an amazing athlete. A lot of people had not heard of him when he came out of Texas A&I, but I had. I saw Green at a few track meets back in the day. The man could have made the Olympics as a sprinter. He was amazing. And the fact that he kept that speed for almost all of his 20-year NFL career is even more amazing.

Congratulations to Darrell Green!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home