Monday, March 05, 2007

Coultergeist and Mitt Romney

A few weeks ago I was having lunch with my raging libertarian friends, and being the lone declared Democrat at the table, I was asked who I liked among the current Dem candidates for 2008. I started laughing and finally said I didn't particularly care for any of them (a topic for another time). I then noted that in some past elections there was at least one Republican candidate that I could consider voting for, but that this time I didn't see one. I thought I would look a little more closely at some of the current Republican candidates.

So I turned my attention to Mitt Romney. One thing that about him that has received attention is that he is Mormon. I don't care about that. It doesn't bother me. There are, however, some other things that bother me about Romney. Check out the following posts at Talking Points Memo for some details:
In those posts you will notice that Ann Coultergeist is mentioned several times. In fact, you find another link which explains that Coultergeist has endorsed Romney.

That's the only reason I will ever need to refuse to vote for him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out what conservatives are saying. http://cranach.worldmagblog.com/cranach/ Scroll down to the "Christian Right Goes Liberal post". Checking the replies, you won't find Romney's name mentioned until post #6, then just in passing. I doubt conservative Christians will trust Romney because he has appeared to change key positions just to court them. After Bush, conservative Christians will probably be a little more discriminating. Interesting, on that blog Guiliani seems to be favored regardless that he fails two litmus tests, abortion and gay rights. But, he is perceived a man of his word and one that will do the right thing relative to terrorism and will reestablish our credibility worldwide.

Oh, and Guiliani is a true NY'er as opposed to that female running on the Democrat(ic) ticket.

3/05/2007 8:16 AM  
Blogger WCharles said...

At the CPAC conference, Romney won the straw poll.

I think part of the deal with Giuliani is A) most people in the country know who he is, and B) he comes across as more "what you see is what you get." And the fact that he is a true New Yorker helps in that regard.

3/05/2007 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home