Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Congratulations to Courtney and Chris!

Back on December 11, 2004, I noted that my nephew Chris got engaged to his then girlfriend Courtney. This past Saturday (January 14), they got married in Moraga, California. The entire weekend was fantastic. I had the honor of being a groomsman, and my father co-officiated the ceremony. I have to admit, however, that I felt a bit out of place given that the average age of the rest of the wedding party was approximately half mine. ;-) The wedding was in the Moraga Valley Presbyterian Church, and that sanctuary is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen, and Courtney was (and is) one of the the most beautiful brides I have ever seen. Chris has been doubly blessed, for his in-laws are great people.

So, congratulations to Courtney and Chris!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and your family on this happy occasion. Didn't they ask you to play a bass trombone solo? "Here Comes the Bride" during the processional would have been unique.

1/17/2006 4:42 PM  
Blogger WCharles said...

Thanks for your wishes. I thought a bass bone solo would have been great, but no one asked, and even if they had, I would have been VERY nervous about flying with the horn--especially after reading over at the bass bone forum about someone's new Kanstul bell getting crushed on a recent flight. I mean, adding to my nephew's wedding is one thing, but risking my new horn is quite another! :-)

1/17/2006 5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the distinct honor about 3 years ago to play the Arioso from Bach's Piano Concerto in F Minor at a friend's wedding - as the bridal processional. I thought she was nuts, but what she wanted.

1/17/2006 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home