Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Information update on the series on the McCain amendment

In Part 1, I noted that on July 25, 2005, Scotty McClellan mentioned a position paper issued by the administration regarding torture and that I had been unable to find it. I have since made further attempts without success. In his November 8 press briefing, Scotty Boy kept repeating that the White House website had a clear statement of the administration's position. Sounds to me like he was referring to the elusive position paper.

I did some searches of the White House website. I checked the sections on Homeland Security and National Security (which includes the War on Terror). The position paper is not in either of those sections. Then I used the "search" feature of the website and did searches using the following terms:
  • "position paper"
  • torture
  • interrogation
  • McCain
  • detainees
I also used combinations of these terms. In spite of this, the position paper was nowhere to be found on the White House website.

If anyone knows where the position paper is to be found, I would like that information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home