Saturday, December 10, 2005

Rest in peace, Richard Pryor.

I just found out that Richard Pryor died of a heart attack this morning, and I am sad.

Richard Pryor was for me simply the funniest human in the world. I distinctly remember one appearance on "The Tonight Show"--Johnny Carson's "Tonight Show"--in which Pryor did not make one dirty joke, nor did he utter one obscene word, and still I was literally on the floor and out of breath from laughing so hard.

Thank you, Richard Pryor. May you rest in peace.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Eugene McCarthy who is destined to become the patron saint of war protesters.

12/11/2005 10:44 AM  
Blogger WCharles said...

I first heard about McCarthy's passing this morning. I was all of six years old during McCarthy's 1968 campaign, and Richard Pryor actually had a bigger impact on me personally (even though my parents had a McCarthy bumper sticker on our car).

From what I remember about McCarthy, he was genuine and passionate in a way not defined or restricted by politics--and that's a lot more than I can say about most members of Congress today. And I direct that towards many Democrats who went along to get along in the run-up to the war. I can't imagine McCarthy would have done that.

12/11/2005 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home