Tuesday, January 03, 2006

NFL Playoffs

As a Cowboys fan, this past weekend caused me to channel Jim Mora.

What a disappointment. The Boys were so inconsistent this season, and a monumental collapse against the Redskins, the most embarassing performance in the last 15 years in the second game against the Redskins, and another last second collapse against the Seahags eliminated Dallas from the playoffs even before they went out and lost to the hapless Rams.

Oh well.

Since there is no chance that t.o. can get a ring, I will be pulling for the NFC team in the Super Bowl. That being said, I hope that will be the Giants (I know at least one person will be happy to hear that).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Normally, I would welcome when you agree with me and see that those of us on the right have the truth and have God on our side. Afterall, NY is on the right side of the country with TX being just left of center and CA is... well, is it really even in the same universe we are in? But, since you are a Dallas fan, you may have just jinxed the Giants. Of course the purists say the Giants are a NJ team and I don't even want to go there.

I have been a Giants fan since 1964, the last year Y. A. Tittle played QB.

1/03/2006 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, I hit the wrong button. That post was mine.

1/03/2006 12:02 PM  
Blogger WCharles said...

My intention certainly is not to jinx the Giants. If I wanted to jinx anyone, it would be the hated Redskins. :-)

And don't forget that legendary Cowboys coach Tom Landry played for the Giants and also coached there before getting the Dallas gig. And of course there is the Parcells commonality. So there is a non-jinxing connection between the Giants and the Cowboys. ;-)

1/03/2006 2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Cowboys were truly America's Team under Landry, a real gentleman. Some in NY have never forgiven Parcells for jumping ship, but he did do great things for the Giants and deserves respect.

I'm hoping for a Superbowl between the Giants and the Patriots - Doug Yeo's favorite team.

1/03/2006 2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK Dubya2, with the Giants out of the picture who're you rooting for now? I have to keep it in the family and go with the Redskins.

1/08/2006 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home