Monday, December 17, 2007

I have damn near had it with Firefox.

Today--for absolutely no reason I can determine--Firefox dumped all of my bookmarks. I didn't install any Firefox updates. In fact, I did not install anything on my computer. I didn't modify anything on anything, and Firefox just deleted all of my bookmarks.

I guess I could spend hours reading through the Mozilla forums--like I have done before--but I really don't want to do that because in the past I tried everything instructed therein and 1) I did not recover my bookmarks, and 2) nothing I did per those instructions prevented the loss of my bookmarks after that.

Let me clue all you Mozilla and Firefox programmers in on something: When there is a bug that keeps occurring, it is a pain in the ass to have to go through all kinds of steps to try to recover data lost because of this bug that none of you have ever bothered to fix. Let me put the matter in a question: Why the hell should I keep using your browser when other browsers don't require me to do all the work to try to correct an inherent and long-standing malfunction in your browser--especially when I don't have to do that bullshit with any other browser I have ever used?

FIX THE DAMN BOOKMARK BUG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home