Sunday, October 28, 2007

RED SOX WIN!!!

I thought I might never see it even once in my lifetime, and I never imagined I would see it twice.

Red Sox Nation--REJOICE!!!

I must now provide an explanation for my silence--and this can be verified. By the time I thought about blogging about the Red Sox this summer, the season was well under way, and the Sox were way out in front. I am very superstitious when it comes to sports in general, but even more so when it comes to the Red Sox. I figured that they were off to the great start without any blogging from me, and I did not want to jinx the deal. As the Yankees started to surge in the second half of the season, I thought that maybe I should break my silence, but I decided to stick with my superstition, and the Red Sox finally pulled away right at the end. Because of that, I stayed silent even when the Indians held a 3-1 lead. And when the Red Sox won three in a row to win the ALCS, I knew I had to keep quiet until the World Series was over.

So for anyone in Red Sox Nation who might wonder whether I'm some Johnny-come-lately to this party, just know that I have been there all season, and now I am thrilled that I can end my silence.

What follows will be understood by Red Sox fans, and if others think it is BS, well, I don't care. Red Sox fans don't fear the drop of the other shoe. We fear the drop of the sledgehammer that crushes our hopes and dreams and then refuses to hit us just so we can't be put out of our misery. That's why even tonight, being up 3-0 in the Series and 3 runs going into the 8th inning, I could not relax. And then Helton got a hit by just putting the bat up as he was moving out of the way of an inside pitch. And then Atkins hit a rocket shot off Okajima to make it a one-run game. The drama continued in the bottom of the 9th as Jamey Carroll connected with a Papelbon fastball that forced Ellsbury to make a running, jumping catch right at the left field wall. I finally exhaled when Papelbon got the strikeout to end the game.

That's it for now. I too tired and too happy to write any more--except for one thing:

RED SOX WIN!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there any truth to the rumor that Steinbrenner wants to buy the Sox so he's assured of being a winner every year no matter what?

10/29/2007 9:27 AM  
Blogger WCharles said...

I don't know about that, but if the Sox ownership ends up signing A Rod, I think they will have to change their names to Steinbrenner.

10/29/2007 10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Supposedly A Rod has a deal already worked out with some other team. If it is the Sox, there will be no question that they have surpassed the Yankees with evilness.

10/29/2007 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home