Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Posts to come...

Over the past weekend, I had intended to write more about the U.S. Attorney scandal and Valerie Plame's testimony before Congress, but a few things kept me from doing that. First and foremost, I was hit with a major case of March Madness. This is my favorite sports-related time of the year. For me, there is nothing better than the NCAA tournament. A close second is the Stanley Cup playoffs, and those will start as the tournament ends. The second reason has continued even as March Madness has been temporarily dormant.

I have been overcome with mental and emotional exhaustion in trying to write about these latest episodes of utter and complete bullshit from the Bush administration and their protectors in the previously Republican-controlled Congress. I make an effort to document my sources of information. I make an effort to support my claims and opinions with facts. My nature in general is to take that approach, and years of lawyering make it difficult for me to do things any other way. That all takes considerable effort, and usually I can make myself put forth that effort. However, the Bush administration has almost beaten me down to the point where I wonder "what's the use?" From time to time, I just have to take a break, which is what I have done for the last week. However, I feel it is once again time to "make the effort."

I am going to try to address why the U.S Attorney scandal is significant and examine some of the stonewalling that is going on. I will also briefly address the anniversary of the Iraq war. I want to get into Plame's testimony, but that is down the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home