Wednesday, September 07, 2005

From the world of sports talking heads

I just happened to turn on my TV for the beginning of Jim Rome's show on ESPN. I generally cannot stand Rome. I think one of the great moments in sports was when Jim Everett kicked his ass on the air. However, Rome is doing something for which I have to give him big props. Anytime he talks about Terrell Owens, instead of calling him "T.O.," he calls him "To" (as in the word "to"). That is funny and gives Owens all the respect he deserves. And by the way, this is not a pro-Cowboys/anti-Eagles deal. Owens is a punk, especially for the way he has treated Donovan McNabb. Even though part of my genetic makeup is to dislike the Eagles, I am a huge McNabb fan. Not only is he one of the best QBs in the NFL, he is a first-class person.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen. You got that all right. I have followed McNabb since his days in Syracuse. He is a class act. I only wish the Giants could have drafted him.

9/07/2005 8:00 PM  
Blogger WCharles said...

I should have realized that being in upstate New York you would keep track of the Orangemen.

McNabb would have been a great fit with the Giants (assuming Fassell could have kept his own ego in check).

My fantasy league draft is today, and I'm picking sixth. By that time Owens might be the best player on the board, but there is no way I will ever pick him.

I was at the Cowboys-Niners game where Owens went to the star twice, and I had a great, panoramic view of George Teague running and hitting TO. I only wish George had speared the punk.

9/08/2005 2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WCharles, if I were you I wouldn't be too concerned about Washington this year. Watch out for those Giants. They are hungry and tired of having sand kicked in their faces. Portends to be a very interesting year in the NFC East.

9/12/2005 7:50 AM  
Blogger WCharles said...

I think you are right about the Giants--as long as they stay reasonably healthy--and the Redskins. Looks like the NFC East is going to be much more entertaining than last year, especially since Philly is currently in last place. :-)

9/13/2005 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark Oct 16th on your calendar, if you haven't already. Giants vs the Cowgirls... er, Cowboys. Sorry for that slip. Yep, keep Philly on the bottom and Dallas one step above and life will be grand.

9/13/2005 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home