Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Happy Birthday, Texas!

Today is Texas Independence Day. On March 2, 1836, Texas became an independent sovereign nation. And sorry, California, but your Bear Republic does not compare.

I have lived here all but the first six months of my life, and I am a genuine, proud, diehard Texan. This place is part of my soul, and that will never change.

I realize that many people dislike Texas even more than in the past, and believe me, there are things that upset me, too. Even so, there is so much that is wonderful here, and no matter where I might live, Texas will always be with me.

One thing a true Texan does is stand up and speak out for what he or she believes, and I will continue to do just that. And if ever comes a day that I stop doing that while I am still alive, that is the day I am no longer a Texan.

Remember the Alamo! Remember Goliad! And Happy Birthday, Texas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home