Thursday, February 17, 2005

NASCAR and liquor ads

Last night I saw a feature on ESPN's Sports Center about the big controversy over NASCAR now allowing hard liquor advertising. Many people are very upset because this "sends the wrong message" and it goes against NASCAR's family image. I can address this quickly. NASCAR has allowed sponsorships by beer companies since 1972. Tobacco companies are also longtime sponsors of NASCAR. Beer can cause just as much damage as hard liquor, and tobacco use causes cancer. Why haven't all these people upset about hard liquor sponsorship been complaining just as much about beer and tobacco? Yeah, beer, cigarettes, and chewing tobacco just scream "family values." Here's my message to all you people that are against hard liquor being part of NASCAR: unless you are going to complain about beer and tobacco as well, get off your hypocritical high horse.

And for the record, I think NASCAR can do whatever it wants in terms of advertising and sponsorships.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog WCharles. Your posts were interesting reading. I was looking for nascar wrecks related information and found your site. I have a nascar wrecks site. You can get current Nascar news as well as info on all your favorite drivers, the 2005 Nascar schedule, how to get cheap Nascar tickets, track info and more. Please try and visit it, see what you think and enjoy!

1/02/2006 7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi WCharles. I was looking for Tony Stewart related information and came across your blog. Very good reading! I have a Tony Stewart site. You can get current Nascar news as well as info on all your favorite drivers, the 2005 Nascar schedule, how to get cheap Nascar tickets, track info and more. Check it out when you can :)

1/04/2006 11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi WCharles, very unique blog you have! I was looking for auto racing related information and came across your site. Very good info, I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a auto racing site. You can get current Nascar news as well as info on all your favorite drivers, the 2006 Nascar schedule, how to get cheap Nascar tickets, track info and more. Please visit and enjoy!
If you have a site similar to mine and would like to exchange links, please contact me through my website.

1/15/2006 12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there WCharles, I was just browsing, looking for auto racing related information and found your blog. Very Nice! I have a auto racing site. You can get current Nascar news as well as info on all your favorite drivers, the 2006 Nascar schedule, how to get cheap Nascar tickets, track info and more. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!
If you have a site similar to mine and would like to exchange links, please contact me through my website.

1/18/2006 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home