Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Eureka!

It is 12:33 a.m., and I think I have just figured out the source of George W. Bush's foreign policy doctrines. Now follow me...We all know that Bush is not exactly a big reader. We also know that he thinks of himself as "vision" guy, which makes me think that he gets his info from visual stimulation. And judging from the sound-bite, catch-phrase method in which he presents everything, my guess is that the visual stimulation has to be semi-entertaining and not too taxing on the brain, which leads me to the conclusion that he likes to watch certain kinds of movies. And I am watching what I now believe is the movie on which ol' George decided to base his oh so enlightened world view: "Spies Like Us."

Among other things, the movie has a Star Wars missile defense system and people who think that war is necessary because we have to show our strength and determination in order to preserve the American way of life.

Still, I think George got bored and did not stick around to see all of the movie. If he had seen the end of the movie (and I will apologize now for potentially being sexist), he would have discovered that the missile defense system did not work, and he might have based his world view on Vanessa Angel and Donna Dixon. And that would be a lot more enjoyable than war.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home