Wednesday, February 02, 2005

New leadership for the DNC

Well, it is looking like Howard Dean is going to be the new Chairman of the Democratic National Committee.

This could be a risky move, but even if it does not work out, there is one thing I like about it. As I have said before, the whole damn DNC needs to be sacked. The Democratic Party has been run by hacks whose primary concern has been holding on to their positions of power. Dean will get in there and stir things up significantly, and that is the primary thing that has to be done.

I never did support Dean, and I did not vote for him. Then again, thanks to how the DNC ran things, the race for the nomination was over before the Texas primary (I voted for Clark anyway, and was damn proud to do so). Still, I respected his tenacity and his refusal to kiss the asses of the DNC.

Thus, while Dean as DNC Chair might be risky, getting a status quo hack would be even worse. Bush did not win the election. Rather, the Democrats lost it and handed it to him, and the DNC deserves a great deal of the blame for that. As I said in A few post-election thoughts:
Terry McAuliffe and the rest of the DNC can pucker up and kiss my ass. Those self-absorbed boneheads are a big reason why Bush won this election. McAuliffe thankfully will no longer be chairman, but everyone on the DNC deserves to be sacked. Idiots.
UPDATE: The New York Times has a good article on the DNC race today (Feb. 2). The Washington Post and the AP also have articles, but the New York Times is the most in-depth of the three.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home