Monday, August 23, 2010

Ron Paul on the NYC mosque

Three days ago, Ron Paul made very clear his opinion on the NYC mosque in a post on his website entitled "Ron Paul to Sunshine Patriots: Stop Your Demagogy on the NYC Mosque!" I encourage everyone to read that post. His analysis is unflinching and at times scathing.

And I have to say I agree with most of it. Consequently, I see no need to discuss it at length in this post. Instead, I would prefer people to go to Paul's site and read his post.

I will, however, quote one statement which shares something with my bottom line view. Recall that I said in my first post on this subject that
My opinion is based on the First Amendment and the right of religious freedom in this country. Any other basis for any position on this matter is, in my opinion, misguided.
Paul's statement I will quote here is based on the concept of property rights rather that the First Amendment freedom of religion, but the last half of his statement is exactly how I feel about defending freedom of religion in this case. Here is Paul's statement:
Defending the controversial use of property should be no more difficult than defending the 1st Amendment principle of defending controversial speech.
Go read Paul's post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home