Sunday, November 21, 2004

Some explanation about this blog...and a "thank you."

This post is part preview, part explanation, and part selfish complaining.

In some ways, calling this blog a blog is inaccurate. I don't post every day. Compared to most blogs, my posts are excruciatingly long. I don't always post about what is going on at the moment. No, this is not really a blog. It is a place for me express my views in my way--and that means in depth, in detail, and with citation of sources. This "way" typically cannot be done quickly, at least not by me. I will work on a specific post for days and even multiple weeks. As a result, often when I get an idea for a post and start working on it, something else will come along and grab my attention, and that means either that 1) I put aside my current work, or 2) wait until I take up the new topic, or 3) work on both subjects simultaneously. Regardless of my choice, posts do not come from me a regular basis.

Here are some examples...I dropped the Wolfowitless-Shinseki analysis so I could cover Bush and funerals before the election. After the election, I wanted to get back to Wolfowitless, and then Fallujah came along. That subject also relates to why Wolfowitz was so full of shit when he derided Shinseki and gave reasons why we would not need large numbers of troops, and I started to work on that, and then came the "News from Spain" info. Shortly after that, Batasuna, the alleged political party of ETA, announced it was interested in negotiations and possibly ending its campaign of violence in Spain, and I started working on that topic as a follow-up to "News from Spain," and then came a good amount of news concerning the religious Christian right and the separation of church and state, and there's two subjects I really get revved up about, so I started working on that, and then comes the "DeLay Rule" in the House, and that jumped to the front burner. And so on and so on. There is just too much going on to keep up with it all, and I am not even going to try.

I could post more regularly by not focusing so much on depth, detail, and sources, but that would defeat my objectives for this blog. I want people to use my posts as a resource. I want to provide a package that compiles and analyzes information in a way that is useful not just for now, but in the future. Does that mean I think I'm better than other bloggers? Absolutely not. Bloggers provide me with a great deal of information that helps me, and I am grateful to other bloggers for that. I'm just trying to offer something in addition to what is already out here.

So, don't expect frequent and regular posts from me. However, you can generally expect my posts to be detailed and documented. And you can expect posts on all the subjects mentioned two paragraphs above. Just don't expect them tomorrow or even in a week.

For those who have spent time reading this blog, thank you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home