Tuesday, March 11, 2008

An open call for input on a Hillary question

By now, everyone should know about former Obama foreign policy adviser Samantha Power saying in an interview with a Scottish reporter that Hillary is a "monster." I am not going to discuss that entire situation. Instead, I am working on a post which will pose the following questions:
If Hillary is not a monster, then just what term or terms would describe her?
OR
What would you call a person who...?
At this time, I am not asking for answers to that question. See, what I am going to do in that post is provide an aid in answering the question, and that aid will be a list of things that Hillary and her campaign have done and said. So, what I want now from my oh so multitudinous readership is material to include in the list.

For example, what would you call a person who...scolds another for using Karl Rove's tactics when in fact she has been using those tactics for months?

Feel free to provide items via the comments section.

And if you can cite a source for an item, that would be fan-freakin-tastic. :-)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gave you the You Make My Day Award.

Let's see...What would you call a person who would say or do anything to grab the highest elected seat in the land?

What would call a person who answer the question "Is Obama a Muslim." with: I take him at his word.?

3/11/2008 12:40 PM  
Blogger WCharles said...

Thanks for the award! Now I have to get back to posting regularly so I can live up to it. LOL

Seriously, after last Tuesday I was afflicted with a serious case of Hillary tired head. I had to take a break, which gets me to the post in progress. I started making a list a few days ago, but ideas were so plentiful and so fast, my tired head could not keep up--and I am serious!

That's when I thought I would seek help--and thanks for being the first contributor!

3/11/2008 4:09 PM  
Blogger WCharles said...

"What would call a person who answer the question 'Is Obama a Muslim.' with: I take him at his word.?"

I'm not sure, but I do know it is the same person who in reference to Spitzer said "Let's wait and see."

3/11/2008 4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of Hillary and Spitzer, this is from the Washington Post. http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/03/11/hillary_clintons_spitzer_probl_1.html

Here is an excerpt.

"Spitzer has been a bad-luck charm for Hillary Clinton to this point. His illegal immigrant driver's license proposal arguably became the first time she was thrown off her stride in this campaign. Fairly or not, her muddled answer at a debate in Philadelphia about whether she supported it or not played into a narrative promoted by her opponents that she is more about calculation than principle. That led to a bad patch for her that lasted all the way through the Iowa caucuses. Her advisers pinpoint that inartful two-minute answer as the moment when the race turned."

I have heard women say they hold against Hillary her stand-by-your-man stance from 10 years. Now Spitzer is bringing Hillary's experience back to the forefront.

Interestingly, many other NY Democrats have abandoned Spitzer. What's her problem? She will appear to be inconsistent? She is either way.

3/12/2008 6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and Dubya2, congratulations on your award. It is so richly deserved. Will there be a black tie award dinner? Can I come?

3/12/2008 6:58 AM  
Blogger WCharles said...

Ray, I certainly don't need a black tie dinner when I have your recognition and praise.

And if there is an award dinner, are you sure that you could survive spending time in L.A.? Also, whether you could attend might really be up to fabooj. I'll put in a good word for you, and your long time anti-Hillary status might be enough to persuade her. ;-)

3/12/2008 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home