Thursday, October 05, 2006

On another note (literally)...

This likely will interest only one regular reader here (and he should check his bass bone messages on another forum for further discussion), but I recently started using a new mouthpiece on my bass trombone. Now I am playing on a Rath B 1 1/4 W, which is by far the largest mouthpiece I have ever played. It does take more work, mainly because it takes a little more air, but I think I am going to stick with it because 1) my flexibility is a little better so far, and 2) now my horn--the exquisite Kanstul 1662--is producing the exact sound I want. The bigger mouthpiece enables me to get a rounder, fuller, warmer sound out of the horn, and I like it.

For you trombone players out there, I highly recommend the Rath mouthpieces. My previous piece was also a Rath.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Typical liberal, Dubya. Buy'n that there furrin equipment. Wassamatter, 'Merican pieces aren't good enough for ya? I still use my red white & blue Doug Yeo signature piece. Oops, it's made in Japan. Sorry, forget I just said that.

10/05/2006 8:37 PM  
Blogger WCharles said...

I guess the new mouthpiece has made me a liberal, for my sound is now more open and free. :-)

And these days it's the "conservatives" in control who are shipping 'Merican jobs to furriners while liberals are supporting unions and 'Merican jobs.

10/05/2006 10:08 PM  
Blogger WCharles said...

"One could also say that unions are partly responsible for driving jobs offshore to third world countries with cheap labor."

Touche.

10/06/2006 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home